Submission of our online application for each position is required.
Scroll down on this page to view the list of positions the City of Lemon Grove is currently accepting applications for. Click on the position to view the job announcement details. If you wish to apply, click on the word Apply. This is a Secure Site Only authorized City employees have access to the information submitted.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$6,169.22 - $7,500.19/monthly
- Posted Date:12/15/2016
MONTHLY SALARY RANGE: $6,169.22 – 7,500.19
To serve as the executive director of the department; to prepare annual budget and forecasting, plan, organize and direct centralized accounting, licensing; and to provide highly responsible and professional staff assistance to the City Manager and City Council. This position is at-will and receives general administrative direction from the City Manager and exercises direct supervision over all finance department staff.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Plan, organize and direct accounting functions including budgeting, purchasing, auditing, investing, and maintenance of the finance system;
- Establish and maintain internal control procedures and assure that state and federal standard accounting procedures are maintained;
- Assure compliance with California codes and regulations as they relate to financial issues;
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, making recommendations and improvements as needed;
- Prepare and present financial statements and reports to the City Council;
- Develop estimates of City revenues, expenditures and year end balances;
- Prepare City budgets;
- Respond to external auditors, directing staff as needed to provide information;
- Plan, organize, select and supervise the work of departmental staff, evaluate staff performance, set goals and provide training and motivation to ensure optimum production;
- Audit and exercise budgetary control over payment of bills, invoices, payroll and other vouchers;
- Provide professional and technical advice and assistance to the City Manager and City Council on matters related to departmental functions;
- Maintain beneficial relationships with and respond to queries from City Council, City staff and the general public;
- Represent the City and participate in professional and public meetings and organizations, as appropriate; and
- Perform related work as required.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES
Any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge and abilities stated above and the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business or public administration or related field. A master’s degree in public administration, business administration or a related field is desirable; and
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting, including at least three years of responsible management and supervisory level experience; and
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License.