- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.65 - $20.23
- Posted Date:05/17/2017 5:00 p.m.
(Maximum 1,000 hours a year, approximately 20 hours a week, Part-Time/Temporary, No Benefits)
Deadline: Accepting applications on a continuous basis
HOURLY SALARY RANGE: $16.65 - $20.23
To patrol assigned areas and enforce municipal code, park rules and regulations; open and close parks and restrooms during assigned times. Works under the supervision of the Community Services Superintendent or designee.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Monitor assigned areas for overall public safety;
- Identify hazards to patrons;
- Observe patrons to ensure compliance with park safety rules and regulations;
- Open and close parks;
- Issue parking citations;
- Clean and maintain restrooms, fields and picnic grounds;
- Collect trash and empty trash receptacles;
- Assist in emergency situations;
- Perform other duties as assigned..
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES
Any combination equivalent to the education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year experience in related employment with heavy public contact.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- American Red Cross certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- PC 832 Certification
Following a review of applications submitted, the most qualified applicants will be selected to interview for an appraisal of experiences, training and qualifications.