What Happened to Redevelopment?
In the wake of the recent California Supreme Court decision upholding state legislation (ABx1 26) dissolving redevelopment agencies, the City of Lemon Grove is in the process of closing down its agency to meet the court-designated deadlines. Although the City no longer operates a redevelopment agency, the City owns land in the Downtown Village Specific Plan area and continues to utilize redevelopment tools to promote desired development.
Contact us at (619) 825-3800 for more information.
Upcoming Oversight Board Agenda
Recognized Enforceable Obligation Schedule
- Revitalization of Lemon Grove's downtown area with small business grants for store improvements
- Development of The Home Depot
- Lester Street Public Parking Lot
- Development of Citron Court
- Development of the Main Street Promenade
- Development of Citronica One
- Development of Citronica Two
- Commencement of the Lemon Grove Avenue Realignment Project