- (619) 825-3806
Day , Gordon
- (619) 825-3847
De Vries, David
Development Services Director
Development Services Technician
- (619) 825-3805
Code Enforcement Officer/Water Quality Inspector
- (619) 825-3820
- (619) 825-3827
- (619) 825-3807
- Address Request Application
- Appeal Application
- Doc Copy Affidavit
- Environmental Initial Study Application Fillable
- Permanent Sign Permit Application Fillable
- Planning Permit Submittal Checklist
- Residential Decks
- Retaining Wall (Level Backfill)
- Accessory Rental Dwelling Units (aka ARDUs, Second Units, or Granny Flats)
- Building Plan Submittal Handout
- Code Enforcement Complaint Form fillable
- Patio Covers
- Planning Permit Application Fillable
- Retaining Wall (Sloping Backfill)
- Temporary Sign Permit Application Fillable
- Temporary Use Permit Application fillable
- Wood & Masonry Fences
- Publ Rec Request form
What can I do to help out in the Lemon Grove community?
The easiest way to contribute is by taking care of your own property and by picking up three pieces of trash a day as you are out and about in the community regardless of where you are. A friendly demeanor and being neighborly will encourage others to do the same. The City and local non-profits are always looking for volunteers and we’d love to hear your ideas for improving our community as well.
What should I do to do add value to my home?Studies show, that based on cost, wood decks and patio covers, a fresh coat of paint, reducing clutter, and renovated landscape are the easiest and cheapest ways to add to the property value to your home and business.
Will I need to do a public street dedication or public street improvements as a part my building or planning permit application?Possibly, in accordance with Chapter 12.10, Building Permits valued over $15,000 may require public street dedication towards the ultimate right-of-way width in accordance with the General Plan Roadway Circulation Plan Figure M-1. Residential Collectors require a 56 foot public right-of-way width. Building Permits valued over $25,000 may require full street improvements along the street frontage. Additionally, as a part of any subdivision, planned development, or minor or conditional use permit, public street dedication and improvements may be required.
The Development Services Department enhances the quality of life for the Lemon Grove community by guiding the planned physical development of the City. The general purpose of the department is to ensure that all new planning programs and development projects comply with the General Plan and the standards set forth within the Municipal Code.
The Development Services Department combines the functions of planning, building, and code enforcement. The Department is responsible for managing the orderly growth and development of Lemon Grove. The department also provides support to the Economic Development Division of the City Manager’s Office.
Thanks for considering your new development and/or business in Lemon Grove. We want to help you get through the process quickly and easily.
Advantages of doing your development or business in Lemon Grove are:
- Lower entitlement and development impact fees
- Simple regulations. Our Development Code is easy to read, short, and business friendly
- Open communication. We want to meet with you and get you through the process
- Reduced public hearings if any are even required
- ISO Class 1 Rating
- Simple Landscape Regulations
We look forward to working with you on your proposal!
David De Vries, AICP
Development Services Director
All applications are subject to approval by the Development Services Department, we will contact you once we receive your application to proceed to the next step.
|Municipal Code||Code Enforcement Complaint|
|Applications & Forms||Permanent Sign Permit|
|General Plan Update||Planning Permit|
|Special Event/ Temporary Use Permit|
|Temporary Sign Permit|